New Goldfish Acclimation Guide
Preparing for you Goldfish Tank for Arrival
Ensure your tank is ready prior to receiving the Goldfish. We suggest preparing the water at least 48 hours prior to arrival. Aged water is healthy for the goldfish. Add Aquarium salt at 1/2 teaspoon per gallons or 0.30PPT if you have a salt meter. Using a heater will help ensure your Thai Goldfish stays healthy. Set a water heater to 75-80F.
Your water parameters should be:
• pH: 7.0-7.5
• Ammonia: 0 ppm
• Nitrites: 0 ppm
• Nitrates: Less than 20 ppm (as low as possible)
You can verify these parameters using an API freshwater test kit.
Upon Your Goldfish’s Arrival
Follow these steps to safely introduce your goldfish to its new home:
- Turn off or dim your aquarium lights. Avoid opening the shipping box in bright light.
- Float the sealed bag in the aquarium for 15-25 minutes without opening it. This allows the water inside the bag to gradually match the tank’s temperature.
- Place the bag into a 5 empty gallon bucket, open the bag and add a cup of aquarium water to the bag every few minutes. When they bag is almost full add the goldfish to the aquarium. Please dont add the dirty water from the bag to the aquarium.
- Keep the aquarium lights off for half the day or until fish starts swimming.
- DONT FEED YOUR GOLDFISH, until they recover and are active. May take up to 48 hours. Start off with feeding very little, and gradually increase food. Soft Foods are the best. Soak you fish food first to make it soft.
By following this guide, you’ll help your new goldfish successfully adapt to their new environment. If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out.