Double Trunk Elephant nose Fish. 2 inch
Double-Trunk Elephant nose (Campylomormyrus tamandua)
- Double-Trunk Elephantnose, Wormjawed Mormyrid, Blunt-Jaw Elephantnose, Trunkfish
Additional scientific names
- Gnathonemus tamandua, Gnathonemus elephas, Mormyrus tamandua
- Not compatible with other mormyrids. The best tank mates for this fish will be relatively large, peaceful, and less than voracious feeders.
- Live tubifex worms and crustaceans are most commonly used. Pellets infrequently successful. Frozen meaty foods also appreciated.
- Very sensitive to conditions. The elephantnose requires pristine water and a fine clean substrate, as the fish feeds by sifting through the substrate with it's long nose. Infections of the "trunk" are fairly common.
- Creates a weak electromagnetic current from a special organ in its tail that it uses while searching for food, and to communicate with other Elephantnoses. Difficult to keep more than one in an aquarium, as this current can lead to violent "misunderstandings". Tends to exhibit the least stress in a well-planted aquarium. However, they will uproot plants as they forage.
Shipping Date: 2-10 Days After Order is Placed. Shipping Schedule: Mon-Wed only.
Unlimited Combined Shipping For Bettas & Guppy Add as many as you like for $21
Healthy and Happy Fish
Fish are held, quarantined and shipped from our facility in San Diego, California
LIVE ARRIVAL GUARANTEE
We ships hundreds of live fish packages across the USA weekly. We import high quality healthy fish from Thailand and other parts of Asia. We work directly with the breeders to bring the best quality to you.
When Is Out Next Import?
November 19, 2023-Sunday