(TROP-090)U057 Koi Angelfish XL (Pterophyllum sp.) 4.00 inch
Koi Angelfish, also known as Pterophyllum scalare koi, are a beautiful and popular type of angelfish. They are a cross between the German Blue Angelfish and the Veiltail Angelfish. Koi Angelfish are known for their distinctive mottled black and white coloration, which is similar to that of koi carp. They can grow up to 6 inches in length and live for up to 10 years.
Koi Angelfish are relatively easy to care for and make good additions to community aquariums. They are peaceful fish that do well with other non-aggressive fish of similar size. They are also relatively hardy and can tolerate a wide range of water conditions.
Here are some tips for caring for Koi Angelfish:
- Water: Koi Angelfish prefer slightly acidic water with a pH of 6.5 to 7.5. The water temperature should be between 72 and 78 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Tank: A 30-gallon tank is the minimum size for a single Koi Angelfish, but a larger tank is recommended for a group of fish. The tank should have a filter and a heater.
- Food: Koi Angelfish are omnivores and will eat a variety of foods, including flakes, pellets, and live food. It is a good idea to feed them a variety of foods to ensure that they get all the nutrients they need.
- Tank mates: Koi Angelfish are peaceful fish and can be kept with other peaceful fish of similar size. Some good tank mates include other Angelfish, guppies, and mollies.
- Maintenance: Koi Angelfish require regular tank maintenance. The tank should be cleaned and the water changed weekly. It is also a good idea to test the water quality regularly to make sure that the levels of ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate are within the safe range.
If you follow these care tips, your Koi Angelfish will thrive for many years to come.
Here are some additional tips for caring for Koi Angelfish:
- Plants: Koi Angelfish appreciate having plants in their tank. Plants provide them with places to hide and rest. They also help to improve the water quality by absorbing ammonia and nitrates.
- Decorations: Koi Angelfish are active fish and appreciate having plenty of space to swim. They also enjoy having decorations in their tank to explore. Some good decorations include rocks, driftwood, and plants.
- Light: Koi Angelfish do not require a lot of light. A standard aquarium light will be sufficient.
- Socialization: Koi Angelfish are social fish and do best when kept in groups of at least 5. If you can, it is best to buy them all at the same time so that they can form a school.
With proper care, Koi Angelfish can make beautiful and rewarding additions to any aquarium.
Unlimited Combined Shipping For Bettas & Guppy Add as many as you like for $21
Healthy and Happy Fish
Fish are held, quarantined and shipped from our facility in San Diego, California
LIVE ARRIVAL GUARANTEE
We ships hundreds of live fish packages across the USA weekly. We import high quality healthy fish from Thailand and other parts of Asia. We work directly with the breeders to bring the best quality to you.
When Is Out Next Import?
Weekly, full restocked!